The necessary consensus would take time to develop because of the lack of political will across the diverse region.
"Eventually some form of co-operation will emerge as market forces bring about economic integration," he said at the International Monetary Conference i
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency