Conversion to euro of vending machines will take "somewhat longer to complete given the high number of machines," the ECB said.
Further, the ECB noted that more than 50% of transactions are already being conducted in euro.
"The euro is on its way to passing its final exam very successfully," ECB President Wim Duisenberg said in a statem
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde