"My conscience is clear, I have always applied the law correctly. If Fiorani has done something illicit, we have nothing to do with it," newspaper Corriere della Sera quoted Fazio as saying after Fiorani was arrested.
Fiorani, the former chief executive of Banca Popolare Italiana who was
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously