The central bank said that the cut, which is effective as of Monday, was necessary to avoid the consequences of the global financial crisis. It added that a boost in credit activity was needed to support growth.
Sinan al-Shabibi, the governor, told Reuters, a news agency, on Saturd
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession