Pridiyathorn Devakula was appointed governor of the central Bank of Thailand last week after the government fired governor Chatu Mongol Sonakul due to a row over monetary policy. He confirmed the bank was moving to a policy that is likely to lead to higher domestic interest rates.
Pridiyathorn Devakula also said that th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations