"Measured against the goal of securing macroeconomic stability, the first five years of EMU can be considered a success," the commission said in a report.
But it added that despite EMU's achievements, "the growth performance of the euro area has been disappointing in recent years".
Other conclusions of the report included that the EM
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations