Tim Geithner, the US Secretary of the Treasury, has delayed unveiling the plans for the next steps in administration's financial bailout programme until Tuesday. Here is a summary of the new steps that could be announced tomorrow.
Geithner was expected to outline the direction the details of the administration's eagerly awaited rescue plans - which will continue and likely expand the controversial Troubled Assets Relief Programme (Tarp) - on Monday, but the Treasury said in a statement that he
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor