The Riksbank has offered to pay SEK5.9 billion ($737m) of its profits to the national treasury for the financial year 2008, Sweden's central bank said on Monday.
The amount was calculated in accordance with the guidelines regarding the transfer of the central bank's profits or seigniorage since 1988. Under these rules an amount equal to 80% of the average profit over the preceding five years - following certain adjustments - is transferred to the Treasury.
This year's transfer is the largest si
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms