The organisation is close to naming staff for its four senior vacant positions. The appointments will be finalised over the next few days, but the role formerly filled by Stanley Fischer has been offered to Anne Krueger, a professor at Stanford University.
Her appointment follows a dispute between Horst Kohler, IMF managing director,
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists