For the new members of the 15-state EU, "a deficit well below three percent should be achieved before joining the euro," Constancio told the Brussels Economic Forum, organized by the European Commission.
He is also member of the European Central Bank g
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure