The government's current budget surplus target of 2% of gross domestic product needs to be raised to 3% of GDP, Heikensten said.
"The fiscal policy has to check the demand in the economy to such an extent that the wages are not allowed to accelerate," he told the paper.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS