Speaking in Birmingham on Wednesday, Moulton's words are likely to have increased anxieties about the tightening of credit in a period when inter-bank borrowing rates have risen to record high levels above the Bank's official base rate.
He claimed that a conversation with Bank of England staff had made it clear to him that "they did not know wha
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting