"Deflation has still continued in Japan," he said in a recent interview with Kyodo News. "The biggest problem is an interest rate hike in the absence of economic overheating or inflation."
Takenaka warned in the interview that Japan's recent interest rate hike could herald an appreciatio
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard