The Bank of England said on Friday 24 February that the £25 million payment made by Securitas on Wednesday covers all the stolen notes belonging to the central bank.
The rest of the stolen notes do not belong to the Bank. The first part of the audit of the notes at Tonbridge covered the Bank's notes held in bond, and has been completed. The audit of the rest of the notes is still proceeding.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top