The Senate approved a measure passed by the Finance Committee late on Wednesday to oppose former Deputy Finance Secretary Carlos Hurtado's appointment by a vote of 68-45.
Opposition senators argued that Carlos Hurtado, a former deputy finance secretary, was in charge of government spending increases last year that led to inflation surpassing the central banks target.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations