"We have to take concern about exchange rate instability, volatility. Volatility or instability is bad at least from Reserve Bank of India point of view," Mohan told a banking seminar.
"Now why we are concerned about volatility is because it can have contagion effects...therefore we have to take concern about volatility in the exchange rate market."
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms