The loan will raise the amount available to AIG to $150 billion.
AIG had an $85 billion credit line with the New York Fed. The Fed also authorised the company to swap up to $37.8 billion-worth of investment-grade fixed-income securities for New York Fed funds.
Under the revised terms, th
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- Central banks need a consistent approach to accounting for monetary gold
- Central bank-issued digital currency threatens privacy – BoI official