"The long-term real interest rates have changed, but not in the desired direction. What is considered a neutral rate of interest is lower in relation to earlier conditions," and "even moderate inflation poses a dilemma in a growing economy," added Reddy.
Reddy maintained the inflation forecast range of 5-5.5% and the GDP forecast of 7.5-8%, an
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS