"The global recovery has been marking time, as the adverse effects of higher and more volatile oil prices worked their way through," OECD Chief Economist Jean-Philippe Cotis said in a text posted on its website.
The US Federal Reserve's "gradual tightening" of monetary policy and the "accommodative" policies in the eurozone and Japan are appropriate, he said.
"We feel ... curre
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power