"The global recovery has been marking time, as the adverse effects of higher and more volatile oil prices worked their way through," OECD Chief Economist Jean-Philippe Cotis said in a text posted on its website.
The US Federal Reserve's "gradual tightening" of monetary policy and the "accommodative" policies in the eurozone and Japan are appropriate, he said.
"We feel ...
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn