Stock prices stumbled immediately after the announcement at 2.15 pm, rebounded almost as quickly, and then continued to gyrate as Wall Street sought to digest the mixed message conveyed by the central bank.
In explaining its decision, the Fed cited threats to the economy from declin
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power