Sergey Ignatiev, the chairman of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, said at a televised press conference that the institution may have to increase the "flexibility" of the rouble's value "with some tendency towards weakening against some foreign currencies in current conditions."
Ignatiev's comments come after the central bank spent more than $100 billion of its foreign exch
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory