The Bank of Canada announced on 29 May that interest rates would remain unchanged at 4.25%. The central bank noted that "economic growth and inflation in Canada in the first part of this year have been stronger than the Bank was expecting."
Providing a strong hint at future rate hikes, the central bank said "there is an increased risk that fut
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor