Muto also said in a speech that a recovery in the short-term money market was "only halfway through" and that more time was needed before it regained its full functions.
"We will closely examine the state of the economy and prices and adjust interest-rate levels at a gradual pace," Muto said a
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say