The European Commission and the European Central Bank said that it did not meet the inflation test for joining the single currency in May.
'I want to emphasise that I do not want to speculate on what might be the most realistic target date now,' Almunia said in a speech in Vilnius.
He recognised that the decision had caused anger, calling it a "s
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations