Abe, who has vowed to accelerate government reforms launched under his predecessor, Junichiro Koizumi, also told a plenary session of the lower house that there would be "no fiscal reform without economic growth," stressing the need to ensure sustained growth while enforcing spending cuts.
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn