David Burton, director for the IMF's Asia and Pacific department, told reporters in Tokyo that given the recent performance of Japan, a new forecast would be "quite a bit higher than 2.0 percent.
IMF First Deputy Managing Director Anne Krueger, also in Tokyo for a workshop, told reporters that an inflation targeting p
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say