News of the repayments of Troubled Asset Relief Program (Tarp) funds came as the Congressional Oversight Panel, set up by lawmakers to monitor Tarp, queried the severity and transparency of the stress tests and called for a repeat of the exercise under some conditions.
The Treasury said that ten institutions had "met the requirements
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations