Noyer is the second top ECB official to criticise the U.S. decision to impose tariffs on imported steel. Last week ECB President Wim Duisenberg described the U.S. move as deplorable and linked the move to the strength of the dollar.
"This decision is contrary to free trade principles and raises the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde