ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet did not comment, however, on calls for Bank of Italy head Antonio Fazio to resign.
Trichet said the ECB governing council discussed the pros and cons of a rate hike at its meeting Thursday.
He said the possibility of a rate cut was not discussed, although some council members may have considered t
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?