So says the Asian Development Bank (ADB), which is warning that the economies of Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore will contract this year.
Along with South Korea - which is expected to grow 2% rather than the 4% predicted before - these "newly industrialised economies" represented the great success stories of the 1980s and early 90s.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde