"The president of the ECB has been informed of the decision of the governor of the Bank of Italy, Antonio Fazio, to resign," the ECB said.
"The ECB fully respects this decision and the judgement of Governor Fazio that is was the best decision to make in the wider interests of his country and the Bank of Italy," it added.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power