The Bank of Japan announced plans to spend up to one trillion yen ($10.6 billion) in outright purchases of corporate paper in a bit limit the damage from "severe" financial and economic conditions.
The central bank also said it was widening the range of corporate debt that can be used as collateral and that special funds-supplying operations to facilitate corporate financing would be expanded.
The central bank decided to take these measures "Given the severe financial and economic conditions...
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power