Fukui also sought to alleviate investor fears by saying that "the stock market in each country is making an autonomous correction (to lopsided positions)."
"I don't think there is a direct link between the last rate hike and the recent global stock market weakness," he said.
Asked how central banks
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit