Fukui also sought to alleviate investor fears by saying that "the stock market in each country is making an autonomous correction (to lopsided positions)."
"I don't think there is a direct link between the last rate hike and the recent global stock market weakness," he said.
Asked how central banks ar
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde