Fukui said there is a strong chance consumer prices in Japan will rise into positive numbers around the end of this year or early next year.
"The trend (for consumer prices) will remain slightly negative for the time being," Fukui told a parliamentary committee reviewing a twice-yearly report by the centra
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?