The central bank chief last week made Ana Sanchez Trujillo the first woman appointed to the bank's board. The government in June drafted legislation requiring companies to fill 40 percent of their board seats with women within eight years. Women now hold about 4 percent of the directorships at Spain's largest companies.
"The bank thus starts to take the first steps toward over
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power