For some goods, the price rises have been even greater.
The prices of fresh eggs and vegetable oils, as well as the prices of computers and televisions, have risen between 100% and 200%, according to a survey by the Argentine business chamber CAME.
The sharpest price increases were seen in April, raising fears that there could be worse to come.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?