With the global economy reeling from the financial crisis, leaders from Brazil, Russia, India and China will gather in Yekaterinburg in central Russia for the first formal meeting of the economies known as the Brics to discuss how the events of the past two years have impacted their role in the global economy.
One issue that is likely to be high on the age
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say