Some analysts also said any further weakening of the world economy could push the central bank to ease again in October, the last time it can probably move again before a national election.
The Reserve Bank last cut rates in April and has now reduced the overnight cash rate by 1.5 percentage points
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms