"Stable prices secure the purchasing power, enhance confidence, strengthens medium and long-term market interest rates at lower levels and encourage investments," he said.
All these, he added, are "good for growth and for job creation."
He said the 1 Dec move to increase interest rates would hel
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls