Australia's economic growth is outstripping that of most other industrialised countries, with gross domestic product (GDP) up 4% last year.
But low interest rates have led to an increase in house building, soaring house-prices and growing mortgage debt, which the central bank wants to curb.
The Reserve Bank of Australia raised its ke
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations