In his first major economic policy speech since being named in late March, Sarkozy said: "We must ... respect in 2005 the commitment of a public deficit of less than three percent of GDP".
This year he said the government should not spend any more than the 283.7 billion euros (342.2 billion dollars) already budgeted.
In order to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde