Liebscher said the exchange rate is but one element among many potential problems.
"Our concern is above all the uncertainty over the evolution of oil prices and the way that they could impact on growth and on the general level of prices," Liebscher said on the margins of a conference in Linz, Austria.
"The exchange rate plays a role, but it is o
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital