Mr Kaberuka received 78.8% of the total votes and 68.2 % of the African votes while Mr Olabisi Ogunjobi of Nigeria, polled 20.55% of the total votes and 30.74% of the African votes, in the seventh round of balloting.
Mr Kaberuka will replace Mr Omar Kabbaj of Morocco who will complete his 10-y
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls