The new law also separates the management board of the Banque d'Algerie from the Credit and Currency Council which decides monetary policy.
The membership of the Credit and Currency Council will be increased from 7 to 10 members. According to the law, these new members must be known for their specialist knowledg
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS