"The most likely thing is, as most private economic forecasters anticipate, the economy will recover," he added.
"We had weaker growth in the second quarter and we will see recovery from there," he said.
McDonough is in London to attend a two-day meeting of the Financial Stability Forum, which was set
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations