According to him, there's no need for a debate about a further interest rate move by the ECB.
The ECB brought interest rates down by 50 basis points to a 3-year low of 2.75% in December last year.
Mr Welteke also said that the euro's recent strong rise has helped to secure price stability, denying that the currency's appreciation could lead to a recession
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling