"The ECB, a GCC ministerial body, was too optimistic in its recommendations, when it floated the idea of comprehensive monetary union which means everything is unified," he told reporters in the capital.
"Now we see things did not work, so we will go for a simpler version of the Union," Al Suwaidi said.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart