However, she added that the authorities had other policy instruments to deal with inflation.
"If the ringgit appreciates it would reinforce monetary policy. But as an instrument of policy, we have other instruments to address inflation," Zeti told reporters, when asked about the role of the ringgit as a monetary policy tool.
"In the past
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?