The central bank and its governor, Toshihiko Fukui, have appeared keen to raise rates but a combination less-than-impressive domestic numbers and weakending global credit conditions may have set back any such plans until early next year.
Speaking at a conference after the decision, Fukui remained upbeat however:
"I do not have in mind a specific level that we s
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting