Fukui reiterated that chances of scrapping the BOJ's four-year old "quantitative easing" policy, in which it floods the banking system with excess funds, would rise over the course of the fiscal year starting next April.
"Changing the framework should not be too early or too late," Fukui told a news conference. "We are entering a
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says